Desso has a strong long-established reputation for reliability, quality, design, functionality as well as environmental responsibility.
Desso has two factories, a major distribution centre in Europe, as well as specialist customer service centres in Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Australia. Its head office is located in Waalwijk in the Netherlands.
Key milestones in the history of Desso:
- 1993: Desso was acquired by DLW (Deutsche Linoleum Werke) and removed from the Amsterdam stock exchange.
- 1998: DLW/Desso was taken over by Armstrong World Industries Inc. (NYSE:AWI).
- 2007: in April, Desso became independent again after the acquisition by current management board and NPM Capital, a Dutch investment company.
- 2010: Desso Group acquired the profitable activities of Enia Carpet NL Holding BV in February 2010.
- 2011: since April 2011, Desso shares are held by Bencis Capital Partners (majority shareholder) and the current management board.
- 2014: in February Desso enters US market through agreement with the Dixie Group